Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Blues brothers the new generation

Wow have I been busy. I have fallen into a nice little routine of working at I-stat and on the morn of the last day going to Willies (co-worker) for some brews and some R & R with others as well of course. than I work wednesday friday at the grocery store still and I golf on thursdays and saturdays as well as go out clubbing both nights. It is a very busy schedule but one that has made me as happy as a clam. There have been some pretty eventful nights recently, including my birthday this past weekend which seemed to be somewhat of a blur. A lot of my friends had other plans by the time I approached them with the idea of my birthday, so me Botto and Simon all predrank at bottos, I polished off a bottle of wine than we headed down the road to the kegger. It was an okay kegger botto paid my way for my birthday which was awesome however the kegs were tucked at the back corner of the basement which I had to crouch to stand in, and than to top it off they seemed to prefer foam kegs versus good wholesome beer. so as we waited for our first cup of foam to discipate and stayed beside the table for a good three or four more beers i grew increasingly hammered.....naturally. so botto and I needed to make the rounds of the party and we had already lost simon in the croud. After surveying the party we decided that Ontap, suggested by my buddy Nate would be the spot to go so off we went.

Ontap was a first for me, my first real Ottawa club. it was pretty standard for a club, I had a good time and danced with a couple people but it had nothing special to stand out in my mind. from there we ended up cabbing to the poutine nazi, who is pretty much the chip truck equivalent to the soup nazi in seinfeld. We ordered up a couple of large poutines and inhaled them. the next morning I woke up and everyone was coming back to bottos with stories about there crazy weekends.....and believe me I have a few doozy stories of my own but they are too long for this blog so they have to be told in person. so we all chatted for about 3 hours until we went for breakfast, after that it was more fooseball at bottos and home for me so I could go to work and finally relax, my weekends are to hectic to relax in.

On another note recently I had also enjoyed a night of fine rides and good games at the Richmond fair with Stu, Katie and her friend Cristina. it was a good night although it was obvious that Katie is hoping for me and cristina to hit it off. so we all had a good time although I felt incredibly old there which is a large feet for someone only 20 (21 now). But the goal was met I guess cristina and I didn't talk much but she did give me her number and we're supposed to get together this week to do dinner and a movie or something so who knows where this may lead. although dinner and a movie is tottally cliche and if anyone who knows the surrounding area has any better suggestions I'm up for hearing them.

other than that the only other thing to improve my home town is a new authentic vietnamese resteraunt has opened and my sister Hilary and I have decided that it is a great place to eat and I shall frequent there more often.

LoL I just realized I titled this blog (blues brothers the new revolution and havn't explained it yet) My good friend Mickey C and I are going to start a blues band, I got us a couple of diatonic harmonicas in the key of C and i'll bring my guitars over every saturday and we'll have a old fashioned jam session and practice some blues and write some stuff. with any luck we will be playing some open mikes within 6 months, thats the goal at least. Just thought i'd explain that part of it.

Johnny C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home