The hardest thing I've ever had to do.......
Today was a day I have dreaded my entire life. And I can actually say this because for as long as I can remember I have been telling myself we would never part. I bottled up any thought of what was to come and pushed it away to enjoy as much time with her as I possibly could. 17 Years have passed since we brought Keisha my beloved dog home with us from my uncles house. 17 years of happiness and frustrations coming to an end. I look back and can't picture my life without her, and yet I look forward and thats all I have is life without her. Everyday she devoted herself to making me happy. For those who knew keisha loved her. You may have guessed by now but we had to put Keisha down today. It was almost as though my tears were attatched because if one fell the rest came tumbling after. I have been spending the last 3 days secretly crying when I was alone because I knew this day was on the horizon and with every step I took I was one step closer. I want to write so much to let everyone know how much this is eating away at me, I want to share my delightful memories of her with everyone, but as soon as I start to speak the tears come, and the memories fade into what happened today. I want to remember her chasing squirrels and cats, bounding happily through the yard, and the look of surprise on her face after her first run in of two with a skunk. I will always remember the good times with her. I remember waking up every morning coming downstairs and lying next to her cuddling because I could. I remember when I was growing up, if I had a bad day as soon as I got home she would be there comforting me, and all my worries seemed to fade away until it was her and I staring back at eachother, and I knew I was going to be okay. I could never have asked for a better companion growing up and I know I will never have a better one. I love you Keisha and you will be missed terribly, by me, and anyone who's ever met you. I love you.
John

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home