Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Doris England ( May 1917 - February 2006 )

Just this past saturday February 18th, 2006 our family lost someone very special. My Grandmother, Doris England, A.K.A. Grunny or Grun passed away in her sleep. Just hours after meeting the latest edition to our family Benjamin. It was a very sad thing to lose Grunny, but although she was still the same sharp witted grandmother we always knew her body had started to go downhill and we all knew it was time for her to go. When I was thinking the other day a particular memory has stuck in my mind that depicts her character so well. I was visiting her with my most recent ex-girlfriend. Grunny hadn't heard much of anything about her but I knew she I knew Grunny would approve as all she cared about was whether or not she made me happy, that would be enough for her. But throught out the visit you could feel grunnys bond growing stronger with her and at the end of the visit as we were saying our goodbyes, she told my ex that she still had enought love left over for her. I remember that vividly because i can't remember Grunny ever having a bad word to say about anybody, she was very sweet and very kind and knew that she had the most talented grandchildren in the world, and we knew that because she told us many times every visit :) To know Grunny was to love Grunny, i've never had the pleasure of sharing my time with a kinder, sweeter, gentler woman than her. We all love you Grunny, and we'll remember you forever.

John

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home